Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 fx4 f150 5.4 I pull in my drive way to night…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 fx4 f150 5.4 I pull in my drive way to night and stop check the mail. When I got back in the message center on the truck had transmission fault and the o /d was flash and the engine light stay on I drove down the road for 5 or 6 miles it shift find it didn't raise rpm like the tranny is slipping any help???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I ain't try anything and if I can I will fix it my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma'am not I know of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The first step we must do in diagnosing this is to use a scan tool to retrieve the codes which are stored.

Do you have a transmission compatible scan tool available?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Not really

Not sure what you mean by your response. I asked 2 info request questions on the 11th but you never responded.

Do you still need help or is the truck now fixed?

No I fix it my self.

That s great news. Sorry you could not reply days ago so I could help you. Since you have already paid for help is there another concern I can assist with and get an answer to you?

No

OKay, hope you have a great upcoming holiday.