Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

U1262 code. U1262, and yes I've reset it. 2000 F150, 5.4L,

Customer Question
U1262, and yes I've...

U1262, and yes I've reset it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 F150, 5.4L, Gas/propane

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Iv

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. I have two of these trucks; I smog certified one of them but the second one fails due to a U1262 code setting the mil

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The code you have indicates that the compuvalve and the engine pcm are not communicating together anymore. This can be caused by a communication wire from the compuvalve to the pcm, but the most common cause is the compuvalve itself.

What is your next guess, because I just swapped out a known good compuvalve from my other identical truck, and the code still pops up.

The communication wires from the pcm to the compuvalve will need to be checked for continuity.

Let me try that and I'll get back to you.

Ok. DO you know which wires are the communication ones?

You could give me a hint...before I do that, is it possible that the ECM could be the problem, or do you think the wiring is suspect? There are no other drivability issues, runs perfectly. The monitors all run...

It is possible that the ecm is the problem. Compuvalve pin 14 tan/orange to pcm pin 16 tan/orange. compuvalve pin 16 white to pcm pin 15 pink/black.

If you're right, you'll be the first real help on Justanswer that I've gotten. Sounds promising, I'll let you know!

Ok.

Get any where with your truck?

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician