Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 ford transit connect I was driving lost power…

Customer Question
I have a 2012 ford...
I have a 2012 ford transit connect I was driving lost power then the speedo dropped to 0 put the pedal to the floor and went nowhere . Stop turn off van turned it back on and went like nothin happened
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Has this only happened once?

When this occurred was the vehicle still running or did it stall?

Any warning lights on while running?

Happen 2 times yes it stayed running yes there was a warning light .i pulled over turn the van off and started back up and ran like nothin happened

What warning light came on?

ave you had it scanned to see if there are codes stored?

The wrench warning sign no I did not have it scan for codes

Thanks, ***** ***** in your case the electronic throttle body is dirty or is faulty and to blame for what you have experienced here.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Do you think it could be the throttle peddle position sensor

The TP sensor is on the throttle body, yes it is possible to blame. The codes for the warning light that came on will tell you what is wrong.

If more help is needed let me know, if not then Thanks You for rating my response.

Chris