Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just changed the thermostat in my 03 ford 3escape now when…

Customer Question
Just changed the thermostat...

Just changed the thermostat in my 03 ford 3escape now when it warms up the radiator fans run on high all the time. Did not used to do this

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle overheated in the past? And what about servicing? Is it up-to-date on oil changes?

Everything is up to date and has not done this until I changed thermostat just this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I changed it myself and do oil changes myself. Maybe am going to reinstall old thermostat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

sense you have worked on the cooling system,,you may now have air in the system and the sensor is getting a bad reading causing the fan to run on high..

lets try bleeding the system this way.

1-remove the radiator/reservoir cap when the engine is cold

2-start the engine and let idle

3-turn the heater on max

4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed

5-spme coolant may gush out with the air

6-keep doing this until the engine is at operating tempeture and the heater is hot

7-after the coolant settles down and the engine is warm,,install the cap

This may take as long as 20-30 minutes

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.