Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am working on my sons ford focus, production date of june…

Customer Question
Hi, I am working...

Hi, I am working on my sons ford focus, production date of june 2000. there is a water hose from the water pump to the vacume ports on the intake manifold. I'm guessing I ran it to the wrong one, because when I start it there is a miss and antifreeze coming out of the exhaust. I hooked it to the one I did because it looked like it had some slight corrosion on it. where did I go wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

No, no overheating. I bought a rebuilt motor from the parts store. after 6000 miles it had a detination problem and broke 2 pistons. I removed the head, installed 2 new pistons , bought an engine gasket set, and put it back together.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

Production date 6/2000.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I retired from my own auto repair business 25 years ago. I have looked at the spark plugs and there seems to be no antifreeze sign on them , and I looked inside the cylinders with my camera, and saw no sign of antifreeze in them, but its not a real good camera.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, does he have any tnt? lol.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you have the sohc engine or the dohc?

Single.

To make this easier on you, can you send me a pic of the throttle body with the air intake hose removed? This way I an see what hoses you have run where.