Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I seem to have a light pulsing in my brake pedal when i push…

Customer Question
Hi there, i seem to...
Hi there, i seem to have a light pulsing in my brake pedal when i push on the pedal, nothing when not pushing, then a little pulsing, then if i push harder, the pulsing goes away. What causes this?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Usually this is caused by a brake rotor that is slightly warped and not running true. As the brake pad raises and lowers on the rotor it causes the pedal to pulsate slightly. The repair would be to have the rotors measured for runout and resurfaced as necessary.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.