Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 ford escape, the jump start button flashes slow. new 12…

Customer Question
2008 ford escape, the...

2008 ford escape, the jump start button flashes slow. new 12 volt battery, 13.3 volts on it, also connected my truck to it, but it still flashes slow for a min. or so and stops. is the system not seeing the battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, the dealer said the trany was bad had it replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I am not sure what you are calling the jump start button, are you referring to keyless start, the start stop button?

no, it's the the button wit picture of the battery on it, located on the driver side behind the the side pannel of the dash, it is to jump start the hv battery when they are low. when the button is pushed it should light up and stay on for 8 min. and then flash fast when done. manual said if when you push the button and it flashes slow the 12 volt battery is to low.

I now see this is a hybrid. I have poor luck helping customers diagnose hybrids DIY being they are very sophisticated and require a great diagnostic tool. I will opt out.