Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a fuse for my trailer "running" lights on my ford…

Customer Question
I have blown a...

I have blown a fuse for my trailer "running" lights on my ford f150. I replaced the 20 fuse in slots 63 and 67, I think those are the numbers but I still do not have running lights. I have turn and brake lights. I use an adapter in the 4 wire flat on the truck side and it lights up the turn and the brake which coincide with the trailer. Which fuse am I missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

What does that have to do with lights? and yes I have regular maintenance for oil and filter and tire rotation every 5K miles. The last time about 1K or 1.5K miles ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Has stated in the first question I have replaced fuse location 62 or 63 and 67 or 69. I don't remember the exact number because I don't have my book in front me.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You need to check to see if you have power at the fuse number 67? Let me know?

What if I don't have power to fuse 67, where do I go from there?

Then you may have problem inside fuse box itself. If you have power then the parking relay is not working or it is not being activated.

Sorry, I am thru with this conversation.

Any time you have a problem you will need to do some diagnosis and if you cannot or not willing to do a few basic checks then my diagnosis cannot be completed. I will opt out for another expert that may have an answer without doing any checks. Have a good day.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Would you like me to try and help?