Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The heater is very weak, I believe it is an electrical

Customer Question
The heater is very...

The heater is very weak, I believe it is an electrical issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level is good, and no sign of leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, I checked all the fuses and relays, they seem to be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was working before I installed a new car radio, without disconnecting the battery (mistake), and now it is not working

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

With the engine running and at normal operating temp if you go out under the hood and place your hand on both of the heater hoses at the firewall are both hose getting nice and hot?

yep, they are hot

Okay are you working on automatic AC (buttons) or is it manual (knobs)?

it is a knob

Okay thank you for that, the type of problem you are describing is in most cases caused by a failing blend door actuator if you are sure both heater hoses are getting nice and hot . This problem was not likely caused by replacing the radio in most cases. The radio dose have to come out to access the actuator .

One thing you can try before you consider replacing anything would be to try a calibration procedure on the old blend door actuator. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl239c8u8k9x2lh/Blend%20cal%20Nov%2010.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.