Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I believe that i need to replace the engine coolent

I believe that i...

I believe that i need to replace the engine coolent temperature switch on a 2008 f-250 6.4 powerstroke and need to know where it is and how to get to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford F250. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The symtom is that the guage pegs to hot and then goes to reduced engine power, but the coolant is not hot. you switch off the ignition then back on and the temp reads normal. i replaced the guage cluster, that didnt help.

11/10/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your engine coolant temp sensor is located to the left of the water pump on your 6.4. See the location in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlumv5seureuu88/coolant%20sensor%20Nov%2010.pdf?dl=0

See the replacement steps in the link below as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztsv6qi4znrzfa4/ECT%20replacement%20steps%20Nov%2010.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
tried to print your answers. are they copy protected?

No they are not and you should be able to print them , they are standard PDF files. Open the link and right click on it and hit print and they should print for you.

Thanks

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician