Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My ford ranger 2012 on driving above 100km power train light…

Customer Question
Hi my ford ranger...

Hi my ford ranger 2012 on driving above 100km power train light coms on. DTC says mass flow sensor. Clean sensor same result.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Power train

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

No Mechanic He clean MFS and check for leaks on intake.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me the actual fault code your getting?

Which engine are you running?

The engine is a 2.2L tdci.
Can't remember the exact code think it is pooBd

Okay that would be a European unit and I have no information on this one so I will open it back up for you.

Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this.

P00Bd is letting us know that the air reading is too high at the mass air flow sensor. If you have inspected and made sure there are no intake leaks then it is going to be an electrical issue.

Has your mechanic tested voltage at the mass air flow sensor? These are common to develop circuit issues inside the maf sensor connector, when this happens it will throw the performance code you are receiving. I would suggest testing the voltage/ground signal, if the signals are good then chances are the mass air flow sensor has failed. Let me know what you find :)

Can you id the wires from left to right as follows blue yellow purple green.

I am currently away from my work setup so I do not have access to the schematics at the moment, I am going to open this up and allow a new expert to step in and help. Good luck!

Ron has referred me to another mechanic since 12th Nov no reply on question to date.
Since my questions were not address.
I am requesting a refund.
Thanks.
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician