Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 ford focus 2.3, cylinder head rebuild, timing chain…

Customer Question
2006 ford focus 2.3...

2006 ford focus 2.3, cylinder head rebuild, timing chain stretched and bent all the intake valves. Also, reluctor ring came off the back of the balancer. Naturally the balancer pulley has no keyway on the crank and the reluctor ring doesn't appear to have any alignment marks on it either. Looking for specifications on how to time this engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Is this a friggin bot?!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I literally just told you what information I need

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 5 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, can I get the full VIN # thanks

1FAHP38Z16W214350
I found the info I need, thanks anyway
Ron, ASE Certified Technician