Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 F250 6.0 starts fine will throttle in park and…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 F250 6.0 starts fine will throttle in park and neutral but when I put it in gear it will not throttle at all

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

The transmission is original the truck only has a hundred twenty thousand miles on it it's been sitting for 4 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it myself changed out the throttle pedal that's about it so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Any trouble codes stored?

So in D or R you can apply full throttle and it just idles and the rpms do not change at all?

The rpms will go up but not when in gear

Any trouble codes stored?

Do you have a diagnostic tool that can see APP sensor signal?

Are you still needing assistance?