Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Ford F350 7.3 No codes everything reads in parameters…

Customer Question
2001 Ford F350 7.3...

2001 Ford F350 7.3 No codes everything reads in parameters normal, Hard acceleration great until 2,500 to 2,700 rpm then boggs let up on the throttle and at 3/4 throttle you can accelerate up to 90mph with acceptable power. ebp open and reading good, turbo is brand new, icp says 3,000 psi max, ipr 29 to 30% oil clean and new, KOEO no codes, KOER no codes, injector buzz test sounds really good and cylinder contribution passes, APP voltages on graph follow normally with out glitches even in bogg rpm ranges. Happens hot cold this thing flies like perfect. new fuel filters no exhaust leaks no boot leaks but after 5 to 10 minutes running 2,500 to 2,700 rpms BOGGGG

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

There is no leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm a 40 yr ASE Master I own a shop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** you checked the fuel pressure under load when the problem is occurring?

Fuel pressure was too high 100psi and a factory reg was put in to reduce it to 70

A​nd it reads 70 under load when the truck bogs down?

What about the engine oil, is it full< the correct viscosity?

when engine is cold no bogging through full acceleration range, oil is motor craft oil and it’s 15W40. The reservoir remains full so no low pressure oil pump problem and sufficient hi pressure oil for injectors

OK, have you looked at EBP, MAP, and BARO to see if they are reading within 1.5 psi of each other?

Also is there any smoke during the bog?

Baron map are perfect numbers on the graph no glitching, removed ebp and confirmed no exhaust plugging of tube and psi and volt readings are very responsive to acceleration. IDM was substituted pcm was substituted, injectors ohmed from idm connector. It feels like a rev limiter without spark scatter effect. Connectors at valve covers pulled and inspected harnesses run for rub throughs

Have you pulled a fuel sample? It could be partially filled with gasoline, this would explain why it runs good cold and worse hot?

I think you either have fuel concern or a restriction in the tank, these are the most common we see when everything else checks out normal.

No black a very slight white almost not even noticeable
Took an airline and blew back into the tank no change

Have you pulled a fuel sample?

Fuel has no gasoline and the guy doesn’t use additives

What about EOT temp sensor have you monitored this while driving?

Within 5 def of coolant temp and coolant temp 190deg

Ok, not sure on this one, its hard when I can't put my hands on the vehicle, I don't like to quit, but I work in the morning, I will open this back up, if I think of something I will reply back, thanks Scott

Thx I’m going after VC gaskets and wire harnesses in am

OK, also let me know if you find something too, very interested in this one, thanks again.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Would you like me to try and help?

Did APP sensor did I PR no change needs injectors compression gas is forcing air back up into the injectors change injectors problem solved

Glad you got it fixed.

Do you have another concern i can help with since you have paid to get an answer?