Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2005 Ford Escape XLT, have issues with it just

Customer Question
Have a 2005 Ford...

Have a 2005 Ford Escape XLT, have issues with it just turning over until the battery dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Sorry i wasnt done battery is only 1 year old their is a new fuel pump and filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

After i charge the battery the only way i can get it start is with foot on gas peddle (like an old carb system)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure what else i can say just all started yesterday until then all was fine once and a while it would take a few revolutions for the engine to start i put it down to just old

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 10 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Are you saying it cranks over a long time before it starts or are you saying it cranks but does not start at all?