Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 Ford Taurus' heater will only heat on 90 degrees and…

Customer Question
My 2009 Ford Taurus'...

My 2009 Ford Taurus' heater will only heat on 90 degrees and only if the car is running down the road. When heating up the car, it doesn't start getting warm until you start down the road.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I live in a small town and the a ASE mechanic has had it almost 3 weeks and can't figure it out. He thing it might be a sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No other problems at all with the car

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This is normally an issue with air in the heater core on the car. When it's idle and the air is in the heater core it won't heat. Air doesn't get hot, the coolant heats the heater core, then you get heat from it. If it's got an air pocket, then basically when you are driving down the road it will force the coolant into the heater core and the result is it will give you heat.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.

Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician