Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Alternator died replaced it but still won't start with loud

fast clicking when I turn...
Alternator died replaced it but still won't start with loud fast clicking when I turn the ignition
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No keys fine and can turn the wheel when i put it in neutral
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1998 ford E350 triton v10
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a 350 and I replaced the alternator cause the other went bad but it's still having the same issues the bad alternator had. As in the car won't start and just makes loud fast clicking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope thank you
11/9/2017
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is the battery dead or weak?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was weak but I charged it. I've owned this and a bee other e350s for a long time and have had many battery issues and I've never heard this type of clicking sound until this alternator issue occurred. And when I replaced the bad one with a new one the clicking remains and it still won't start
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you think

where is the clicking coming from? the starter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't tell. But it's a pretty fast paced clicking in the past when I had a started issue the clicking was slow

fast clicking is usually a dead battery or a failed starter...confirm if its coming from the starter...if you have a known good battery try that first

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it thanks boss ����

a 5 star rating will close out the question

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy