Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Ford Escape titanium with about 23,000 miles.

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Ford Escape titanium with about 23,000 miles. My husband left the car in my driveway last night. In the morning we went to go vote and the car (keyless ignition) would not start. We tried both fobs and even put in new batteries, but, nothing. It was like the whole system just quit. No messages, just dead. He did try to charge the battery, but it still would not start. We did have parking lights, but no ignition. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Yes, they were.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried the things I already said.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We both read relevant sections in the owner's manual regarding battery, keyless ignition and anything else we could thing of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

did you try a jump start?

Nothing happened.

are the battery cables loose? any lights horn etc?