Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The airbag light all of a sudden wont turn off, I was hoping…

Customer Question
Hi there, the airbag...

Hi there, the airbag light all of a sudden wont turn off, I was hoping it was something I could remedy myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Could be, I didn't check however I always wear my belt, I'll check for sure, the belt was working just fine a few minutes ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

It's a 2005 Zx5 focus hatchback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried resetting it, and I tried checking the connections under the passenger and driver seats

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Can you have someone check for codes as this is the first step to diagnose this issue . But it has to be a code reader or scanner cable of pulling this type of code up . If your not familiar with SRS systems , do not attempt to check or repair yourself as this is a dangerous system and can cause injury id not done right.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.