Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 Ford Taurus will not go in program model. I try to…

Customer Question
My 2005 Ford Taurus...

My 2005 Ford Taurus will not go in program model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. i try to turn the key 8 time from off to on .the door lock do not cycle

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes i can turn the steering wheel. and the key is worn a little . the car do start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm trying to program a keyless entry

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The Ford Taurus cannot be programmed without using the Ford NGS or WDS scanners and can enter programming mode to program new remotes. Here is the list of programing applications and directions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxui5t6nihoic2k/2005%20taurus%20key%20fob%20programming.pdf?dl=0

If you have no other questions then please enter a 5 star rating for the correct programing procedure for your key FOB. Thanks you.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago

I have not got a response from the last answers I sent you. Do you still need assistance?

It didn't work . And I traded the car in all ready for a new one. The guy at the dealership said something wrong with the computer that keeping it from being programable

Please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you so the questions can be closed out. Thanks you.

I cannot close out the question unless you put in a rating of more than 3 stars and then I can close it out for you. Thank you.