Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Does the power steering lines tie into the transmision lines

in a 2005 f 150...
does the power steering lines tie into the transmision lines in a 2005 f 150 ext cab xlt.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: that is not the ? do the power steering lines tie into the transmision lines
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is to be fixed by ford mec. the scematics show it does not tie to the trans lines they say it does. MY vin# *****
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it thanks
11/3/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The power steering on your 2005 dose not tie into the transmission and or the cooler. The power steering has a separate cooler for the steering system. What type of problem are you having.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They want to replace the trans oil cooler saying the systems tie together & I have to replace every thing I keep being told they tie togeather. the truck is at there shop

Have a look at the power steering cooler lines and you will see the PS system has its own separate cooler. No where in the diagram do you see the transmission lines connected. The transmission fluid cooler is part of the A/C condenser assembly and cannot be serviced separately. See both links for the two systems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cct552aatjm1o59/PS%20cooler%20Nov%203.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5up2zfzww4wh0n/trans%20cooler%20Nov%203.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you this helped. this will be interesting. I think I'm going to have a fight on my hands. thankyou for your time

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician