Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My ford 2000 pickup diesel engine replaced the starter with

Customer Question
Napa new it started yesterday...
my ford 2000 pickup diesel engine replaced the starter with Napa new it started yesterday but today nothing
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: I would say 14 years old and serviced 6 mo. ago
JA: What is the model of your '00 Ford?
Customer: 250
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a machinic put the starter in yesterday but I am working on it today as I can not move it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
11/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

At the starter are 2 wires. one large that is always powered and one small that is your signal wire that is powered when trying to start. When you try to start if both wires have battery voltage and the starter makes no sound at all then the starter is bad. Can you do that test and report back?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician