Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine was cleaned and afterwards car started to run rough…

Customer Question
Engine was cleaned and...

Engine was cleaned and afterwards car started to run rough and then service engine light came on Scanned it and has P1151 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Scan Tool reads P1151 Bank 2 Sensor 1 Switch Point Indicates Leans

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 Mercury Sable

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a mechanic is coming later in dhe day Thought I should replace oxygen sensor

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
11/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If the engine was cleaned then its most likely running rough due to the fact that you got it wet and when you get them wet it can cause an engine misfire so before you replace the sensor have your mechanic start first with drying the coils out and also have him check the connections at the HO2S sensors to be sure they are dry as well. It is also possible that during the cleaning you may have knocked a vacuum hose loose which can cause the HO2S code to set if so. Be sure to have him have a look at all the vacuum lines around the intake area looking for any signs of a loose vacuum line.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician