Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed thermostat and still get no heat. Coolant is down a…

Changed thermostat and still...

Changed thermostat and still get no heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant is down a little

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 e-150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put in new thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

10/31/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Locate the heater hoses going into the firewall to the heater core.Should be two smaller hoses.With the engine warmed up and heater on high heat touch these houses.They should both be hot to very warm to the touch and even in temperature.If one is hot and the other is allot colder this indicates the heater core is plugged up.From here you would want to perform a back flush/flush to the heater core to remove any debris from it.In a worse case scenario the heater core itself would have to be replaced.

If both hoses are hot to the touch and you have no heat this is usually a fault with the temperature actuator at fault on the heater box not switching from cold to hot.This can be a common fault with the actuator itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Thanks Pete, I ended up having to flush the heater core, change the blower and the blower switch. Works great now.

Your welcome