Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My ford f250 sunroof is stuck open and wont close. 2009. I…

Customer Question
Hello, my ford f250...

Hello, my ford f250 sunroof is stuck open and wont close

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F250?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself, its electronic so all ive done is try wiggling the sunroof while pushing the button it tries to close but it sounds like its locking uo up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
10/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that could be going on and it will require some testing to determine what is wrong. The problem may be a mechanical failure or an electrical problem. It sounds as if you most likely have mechanical failure. Removal of the headliner and sunroof assembly will most likely be necessary for diagnosis and repair.

Does the glass attempt to move but stops?