Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

What is the exhaust volume of a police ford explorer engine

Customer Question
per minute at the usual...
What is the exhaust volume of a police ford explorer engine per minute at the usual 600 rpm idle speed?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: I do not know. I am asking about the 400 forde exlorers owned by the Austin,Texas Police department
JA: What year is your Explorer?
Customer: I do not know, They have been in the news papers sionce July 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Anwer my first question. The exhaust volume is surely published somewhere byFord ;but I am utnable to calculate it because it is effected by tempetture. It is probably more than the displacement of the engine.My cell phone is(###) ###-####
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wiil discuss by phone
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
10/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Ford does not have this information on any year or model vehicle. Because that information is not of use for diagnosing. The only exhaust flow information I have is on how to do a back pressure test to see if the converters or muffler are restricted.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician