Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car would not start Saturday, Multiple tries and starter…

Customer Question
Car would not start...

Car would not start Saturday, Multiple tries and starter sounded good, all electrical worked fine. Dealership has called and it now starts fine and they cannot duplicate the no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No corrosion battery 1 year old, Checked by me, Ford roadside and dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Flex SEL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it towed to dealership. Roadside tried to jump it off but said that battery was fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that whatever it is the dealership says it cranks fine now. They think the tow jostled something to make it work again. I was wondering if it was the emergency fuel cut off but there have been no accidents

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

When this issue occurred, you didn't get any "key not recognized" or any other warning messages did you?