Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine will spin but it won't start. No there's no

engine will spin but...

engine will spin but it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No there's no corrodison

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Sel/2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just to crank it - that's all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The keyless start won't crank it either

10/22/2017
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

What model is the sel/2014?

2014 Ford Flex SEL AWD

Most common cause is a failed fuel pump driver module located behind passenger side C pillar molding.

See attachment for location. There was a recall on some of these if you have the VIN number handy I can check it for you.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
6Bucs
6Bucs, Senior Master Tech
Phone call session started
Vin is: 2fmhk6c80ebd1031

Please double check VIN, 17 digits.

2fmhk6c80ebd10314

Thanks for the VIN. Unfortunately no open recalls for this VIN.

What can I do

If you could get the module, I could give you the steps to replace it. The part number you need is AA8Z-9D370-B. Not sure if you could get one this late on A Sunday though. There is also a way to bypass the module but you would need to get the trim off to access the module connector and make up some jumper wires to bypass it.

Once the module was disconnected, the jumpers would be installed in the positions in the attached diagram. The engine can be ran temporarily, the jumper wires should be at least 14 gauge wire or heavier.