Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My cruise control stopped working. 5.4 - yes I checked 2…

My cruise control stopped...

My cruise control stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

5.4 - yes I checked 2 fuses i did the self-test and the only light comes on after the off button is the one for resume

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 expedition eb

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried the self-test and checked the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also tried checking for power at pins 1 and 6 as described on this page - no power

10/22/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. sorry no one has gotten to you yet. is the attached test the one you did?

except I hadn't done it with putting the key to RUN-OFF-RUN. Redoing it like that, I get the initial light at off, one at resume and one at set/accel. I don't hear either the sharp noise or gear clicking.

ok, heres a wiring diagram of the system. use it as reference for checking the pin tests on the test.

All the fuses have power. Pin 6 has power, but pin 1 does not.

Ok please standby

that wire should be hot all the time once the relay closes. how is that relay numbered? 30,87,86,85 or 1,2,3,5?

C270A? I am not sure where it is at.

standby

its the speed control relay in the central junction box behind the right kick panel while you are in there check fuse 12.

Fuse 12 definitely good. I'm not sure which relay is the right one. Is it on this picture I found? http://fusesdiagram.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/FordExpedition2-blok-kapotnew.jpg

standby

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
6Bucs
6Bucs, Senior Master Tech
Phone call session started
Ok, I was looking at the two documents you sent again. The second one indicated Pin 1 should be hot at all times, but the first says only in run and start. When I tested earlier, it was with the key off. Testing it with the key in run, it has power.

so hows it going?