Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will installing #8 injectors in cylinders #1-7 cause damage?

Will installing #8 injectors...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 f350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes - accidentally ordered seven #8 AE injectors and one #1-7 AD injectors, then when installing them didn't pay attention

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/22/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The difference in the two is the #8 has a slightly shorter intensifier piston which causes the injector to begin it's prime shot a tiny bit sooner than an AD injector would. This is supposed to quieten some dead head noise they had.

Performance wise, no difference and will not hurt then engine. You may get a bit of noise, but that is it

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Thanks Eric - I guess I should have left the AE’s in if noise is the only issue. But, I took them out and sent them back to exchange for AD’s. Thanks for the advice. ~ Tom

you are welcome

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you