Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After replacing my alternator and battery my low beam head…

After replacing my alternator...

After replacing my alternator and battery my low beam head lights don’t work my air conditioner won’t work and I can’t lock my doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Could it have blown multiple fuses at once

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 Ford F-150 4.6 2wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing my self I’ve tried everything

10/20/2017
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The only time it would blow those multiple fuses is if the alternator was changed with the battery connected.

Does the vehicle start and no other power issues? Is the alternator OEM? Also, a defective alternator can send out too high of voltage and disable all those systems and blow fuses for all those systems, including damaging them.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

After replacing my alternator and battery my low beams air conditioner and I can’t use my power locks on my 2006 Ford F-150 4.6 V8

That was just a repeat of the question you sent... I asked some questions, please reply to those as I assist you, thanks.

No other power issues besides the ones I listed and yes the alternator is OEM

Now with the AC not working, that is blower and all correct? Or does the AC clutch spin? This is to help determine if this is fuse and individual circuit blow outs of fuses or if there is a common ground that may have been affected.

Was the alternator changed with battery cables connected at all?

Ac clutch does not spin. No alternator was not changed with battery connected battery was disconnected
I’ll check first thing tomorrow it’s midnight here at the moment, when checking fuses what am I looking for ?

pull them out and see if they are blown

I will do thank you for your help

you bet. let me know

hows it going

I found out it was the fuse box was bad

ok, the whole box? wow

Yeah it has some internal relays

ok, well I hope it didn't take a second mortgage ....but Im glad its fixed for ya.

It’s not fixed yet parts on order thanks for your help

you're welcome. please let me know when the part is installed and if it works.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

any news?