Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Just replaced the power steering unit on a 2011 Ford

Explorer. Less than two...
Just replaced the power steering unit on a 2011 Ford Explorer. Less than two weeks have passed and the “service power steering now” warning is back on, and the power steering is out again. Not happy
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: no fluid It’s the motor driven power steering
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dealership in Beeville Texas did the repair ten days ago I’m on the road out of state broke down Needs quick fix to clear the codes so I get my power steering back
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dropped 2200 on this repair, and its already fubard
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/19/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you know which codes for the EPS system are stored now?

If not do you recall the ones from prior?

In case you were not aware the parts and labor are covered under warranty at any dealer on Ford parts for 2 years. So this could be fixed for free at another dealer since you are out of town.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician