Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The coolant line from the thermostat to the reservoir broke…

Customer Question
The coolant line from...

The coolant line from the thermostat to the reservoir broke ant the T connection. I have it apart but need to know the easiest way to get the new line around behind the engine and the torque specs for the exhaust manifold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

No I need them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 ford Ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am doing it myself. I tried to slide it down behind the engine and I tried to push it over the top of the transmission/clutch housing. Do i need to put a jack under the transmission support and remove those bolts then slowly lower it an inch or so?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
10/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. engine size?

Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Do you still need any help?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician