Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

What is the torque pattern and torque amount for the exhaust…

What is the torque...

What is the torque pattern and torque amount for the exhaust manifold bolts on a 2003 Ranger 2.3 L engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

No I need them.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am replacing the coolant line from the thermostat to the reservoir. I have it apart but need to get the new line in and reassemble it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it for now

What is the easiest wqy to get the new coolant line around behind the engine?
10/18/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Bolts should be tightened to 40 ft lbs and work your way from middle to outside. Manual says to remove transmission to replace the coolant hose but I'd have to imagine it can be done without removing transmission. Remove the front passenger wheel and fender liner, that should give you some room to work it through. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician