Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a set of 2011 leather seats with power heat/ac. MY…

Hi,I have a set of...
Hi,I have a set of 2011 leather seats with power heat/ac. MY current 2010 xlt has only power seats. From what i found the dsm could be taken out. From here im assuming i would need to run power from the battery to run heat/ac. They would of course probably be high or low setting. Then to power the power seat buttons. I have no idea what wires i would need to splice etc for the heat/ac and power seat option. Any idea were to begin?
10/17/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you needing the wire diagrams from your seats and the new seats to see what is needed?

Are your seats power only or are they memory seats that can move on their own, same question on the 2011 seats?

im sure ill need them for reference. So my current seats are just power (no memory) to the driver side no power on the passenger.The 2011 leather ones are memory/heat/ac/power and passenger side. Ive read the memory wont work, which is fine. What im wanting to do is have the power/ac/heat working on both. Just not sure how to wire them.

It is not as simple as Ive read the memory wont work, which is fine. the 2 are not wired the same AT ALL.

For example your seats have a power and ground wire to the switch and the switch controls the seat movement.

On a memory seat no power nor ground goes to the switch, all seat movements are controlled via signals from the switch to the module.

The task you have at hand is going to require alot of electrical work on your part and alot of wire adding and splicing, heat shrinking and soldering.

2010 power seats https://www.dropbox.com/s/zin6y6w61k2f3rj/10ps.pdf?dl=0

2011 power seats https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3kwuogxypi1ik8/11ps.pdf?dl=0

2011 memory seats https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dlm3cfxs6sm84x/11psm.pdf?dl=0

Climate controlled seats are controlled via communication signal, not a simple switch like power on or off, the climate control plays a roll and a DSCM module.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Ok so is there any way of bypassing the dscm all together and possibly running a relay 12v hooking up direct to the motors?

You could rewire it so the switch controls the seat motors but the climate control is going to be the tough part being it needs the module to work right since the TED are not just on or off they have temp sensors to deal with.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician