Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Ford Escape, V-6 no start theft light blinking. How do…

2009 Ford Escape, V-6 no...
2009 Ford Escape, V-6 no start theft light blinking. How do I reset the system?
10/15/2017
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

How do I reset the anti theft system?

Unfortunately if the theft light is blinking, it indicates that the vehicle is not seeing the programmed key in the ignition. There is no reset. You can try using a different key in case that is at fault. Otherwise what likely happened is the vehicle lost the key program that it had and the key(s) need to be programmed back using a program tool.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back here to this chat. Thank you.

The other key is not accessible at this time. The information you provided is in lighting.

You are welcome. See what happens when you get the other key. THen let me know. ALso, after rating this chat session, it will also continue to remain open so if you have further questions on this you can come back here. THanks

Nothing new

Ok. Then please take a quick moment to rate my assistance 5 stars. Even after rating the chat remains open so if you need to come back to ask any follow up questions. Thanks.

Second key didn’t work. Will look for a place to get the system reset. Thanks for the help.

Ok. Your welcome. You need to either bring the car to a dealer or a mobile locksmith can attempt to reprogram the keys back. If the keys will not program back then there is an issue with the vehicle recognziing the keys. Usually juts a reprogram takes care of it though.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Found a mobile locksmith in the area that does reprogramming of the keys and the system. We will give it a try. Thank you for your assistance and I hope that you have a blessed day

Your welcome. You as well.