Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 f 350 have to rev engine high to keep engine from

2006 f 350 have...

2006 f 350 have to rev engine high to keep engine from stalling when engaging clutch. Clutch does not engage smooth

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Shifts fine . However when backing up truck Jerks. Will also jerk if you engage clutch to fast

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Ford? Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

F 350 super duty haven't tried anything yet

10/15/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What liter engine?

Is the clutch pedal stroke smooth felt through your foot engine not running and when running?

5.4 l clutch stroke smooth

Thanks, ***** ***** leaves the flywheel or pressure plate has hotspots which are causing the clutch release to be jerky and stalling the engine or the slave cylinder has internal seals going bad, or the release bearing is binding on the transmission input snout not able to move smoothly in and out. You will need to remove the transmission to inspect and repair this concern.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Sounds right I'll try that .Thank You

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician