Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Remote starter stopped working. Oem starter of ford. Code is…

Customer Question
Remote starter stopped working. Oem...
Remote starter stopped working. Oem starter of ford. Code is B1600. It attempts to start but anti theft or PATS or key signal prevents it
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
10/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 4 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, do you have another key to try? Does the red THEFT indicator flash fast when the key is turned to on or its an issue with an amber antitheft warning lamp?

Hello Gene, How're you?

Good thank you.

For some reason the call fails... Yes the anti theft seems to be faster but I can go and check in the car if you lemme know please what all to check so I can do at once..
This remote worked intermittently earlier and then stopped. Now, when I put the key, while the starter is attempting to start the car, and I turn the key once, it automatically cranks and start the car. This means the system is not broken, it;'s only not getting some signal or something. And the antenna on the rearview mirror top seems to be loose from one end maybe broken, not sure. But I changed the battery on the FOB

Ok I need to know if its a problem with the red THEFT lamp for the PATS system or a problem with the regular amber antitheft lamp. It cranks and will not start?

Just trying to provide you with sufficient info, if that helps. I only have one key to this car and one door opening fob and one remote starter fob. Lemme send you some pics and then if you tell me what ALL to check I will go and check in the car :) And reply in 10 min max.... I'll be available here for a while so lets see if we can fix it now only :)

Which remote is not working or is this a remote starter issue?

It does NOT crank. It turns the lights on and beeps like it does for seat belt, inside the car a few times and then it sort of dies away. It does not crank or start. Unless I put the key in and turn it up once (not all the way, just one step) - and then, in this case only, it cranks automatically like it should and starts fine..... strange.
it's the remote starter issue only
Far as I remember it's the RED THEFT light that blinks, never seen the Amber but I will go and check now

Is it a factory remote starter? So it starts normally otherwise, only an issue with the remote starter?

there's also a push button on the dash, seems like its definitely manually installed, and a red light on dashboard, red LED light that flashes, these two are manual installations, I don't know where these were installed but i think these come with the OEM FORD Remote starter... Online someone said if this button is pushed a few times in sequence it can sort things out but didn't for me.
it's a factory remote starter of FORD. Yes, the car starts normally, everything working, only with remote starter it doesnt. I need remote starter working for winters.

Ok m not familiar with the remote start you are talking about, I thought you had a PATS issue. Ill opt out and let someone else help you

The code B1600 Says it's a PATS issue
Ron, ASE Certified Technician