Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm working on 2003 Taurus the anti theft system is causing…

i'm working on 2003 Taurus...
i'm working on 2003 Taurus the anti theft system is causing the car to not start some times the original keys are gone this is2nd or 3rd owner. I want to shut anti theft off
10/12/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, you are having an issue with the red THEFT lamp flashing fast when you turn the key to on?

Ok you cannot by pass this system. Your best bet would be to get a local locksmith to come to you and cut and program 2 new keys. It will be cheaper than the dealer and no towing bill either. You must have 2 PATS keys to program the system.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Thank you, ***** ***** the cheapest solution, this system cannot be bypassed.