Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I accidentally poured water into the brake fluid reservoir,

Customer Question
Hi, I accidentally poured...

Hi, I accidentally poured water into the brake fluid reservoir, in my 2014 Fusion.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? When was it last changed?

I unfortunately have no idea, I can look back through the maintenance records.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wasn't trying to fix anything. I was trying to fill my windshield wiper reservoir and obviously poured water down the wrong reservoir. I haven't tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you, ***** ***** don't know what to do or how it will affect my car.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
10/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Let nme review your request. Please stand by.

Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

Did you start or drive the vehicle after water was added to brake fluid?

I started the vehicle, but did not push on the brakes.
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

If that is the case, i will recommend to start by taking out the brake fluid from the reservoir and refillig it. If the brakes were not pressed that means the brake fluid did not go in the brake lines.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I recommend you remove the reservoir to rid all the water from it. Then reinstall the reservoir once clean and dry and refill it. For the mess it makes a gallon warm water and dawn dish soap mixed in can wash down the area to clean up the spilled fluid.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris