Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Passenger side headlight not working but bulb and fuse are

Customer Question
ok. Driver's side headlight is...
passenger side headlight not working but bulb and fuse are ok. Driver's side headlight is working
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: i exchanged bulbs from working side and OK I pulled both fuses 15amp and are ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 windstar
JA: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing self. exchanged bulb and checked fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Sorry about the wait. do the passenger side turn signals work when operated?

No phone call
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

No need to call. Ignore the pop up.

Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Just to make sure you checked fuse# ***** in the fuse box?

I checked number 9 and I believe 12 for the driver's side light
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok. When you turn the headlights on, do you have power or ground present at the #9 fuse?

Haven't checked that at work now can't check right now
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

No problem. IF there is power present that means the signal is present from the headlight switch and the problem is in the wiring from the fusebox to the headlight bulb connector and if no signal present at the fuse that means the problem is in the headlight switch circuit for passenger side.

What is the headlight switch circuit
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

That is the signal present from the headlight switch, instument cluster and front electronic module.

Ok
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Keep me posted.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician