Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 F150 blower motor does not run. I do not have power to…

2010 F150 blower motor...

2010 F150 blower motor does not run. I do not have power to any pin on resistor plug. No blown fuses found.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the resistor and it checked good. put power to the blower and it was stuck. replaced blower motor but it will not run. Compressor will not come on. I do not have power to any pin on the resistor plug.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/10/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you have auto or manual climate control?

auto

Thanks, ***** ***** a couple minutes to pull up the wiring diagram and see if I can do anything to help here.

Thank you.

Sorry, I am not able to do a call at this time.

There should be power at the blower on the yellow/green stripped wire.

Also, can you tell me which fuses you have checked already. I know you checked power at the resistor, but I would like to have you check it at the blower for me and let me know.

Thank you.

I do not have power on the wire.

Ok, of course it needs to be tested with the key on.

Check these 3 fuses for power, with the key on. We need to see power at them, not just if they are blown or not.

40 amp #51 in the battery fuse box under the hood.

10 amp fuse #15 in the interior fuse box

5 amp fuse #45 in the interior fuse box.

Please check these guys for power and let me know.

Test them all with the key on please.

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
6Bucs
6Bucs, Senior Master Tech
Phone call session started
51 fuse was not there. I put a fuse in and have power to blower plug. I have power on all those fuses. The compressor kicked on for a minute then off. Probably high pressure since blower motor did not run.

Well, the blower motor should not affect the air compressor. Now, you have power to that wire?
And the blower is still not running?

Correct, it is not running.

Ok

Can you tell me if you have power at the resistor on the yellow/blue wire?
And if there is any power on the white/violet wire?

Thanks

I have power on the yellow/blue, but no power on the white/violet.

Ok, if you have power on the yellow/blue, this means the blower speed control is not grounding the blower motor. This is why it won't run. You should not have power on the other wire, this is the signal wire from the head unit where you adjust the temp and fan speeds and so on. So it looks like you need the "resistor" I put that in quotes because it's not a resistor on the auto system but a blower motor speed controller.

is there away to check it. I saw online that you could check the ohms and I did that and it checked good from the instructions I found on youtube.

Let me see if I can come up with a test for it in the service manual.

I was probably checking it like a resistor and motor speed controller may be different.

Possibly, HERE is a link to what I have. IF this tests ok, then I am thinking your issue is with the control head not sending signal to this to ground so the blower will spin.

OK, thank you for your time and Have a Blessed Day.

You are very welcome and same to you!

Thank you!

it checks bad.
Thank you

Actually glad to hear that because it will be a lot less expensive and lot less work to replace. So even though it's bad, it's good.

Thanks again