Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 2007 Navigator EATC blower motor runs constantly on high

Hi Richard. My 2007 Navigator...
Hi Richard. My 2007 Navigator EATC blower motor runs constantly on high speed whenever engine is running. Temperature control seems to work perfectly as heat and AC operate as they should. Using the on/off switch or speed control has no effect on the blower motor. Read your reply to another person from 8 years ago the blower control module could have ceased to function as Ford designed it. I'm wondering if you can shed light on this for me and where it's located? Can I replace it myself as I'm reasonably capable of minor repairs? Thanks for your time.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Oops, might have addressed my concern to the wrong person.
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not attempted any thing yet, just been living with it. I open the moon roof and roll windows down, but that's not an option during the cold winter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else on my mind, just wish to get this issue resolved.
10/9/2017
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....the blower motor speed controller is definitely the culprit...when the blower motor speed controller shorts internally, it supplies constant power to the blower motor, which cannot be controlled be either the on/off switch or the blower switch. The blower motor speed controller is located on the right side of the heater box, under the glove box ....it has a black 4 wire connector going to it.
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
davehop
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician