Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need a belt to bypass a/c clutch pully. Not at the moment…

Customer Question
Need a belt to...

Need a belt to bypass a/c clutch pully

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
10/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Year, make, model, engine?

2004 ford explorer 4.6l
i am trying to find a belt or method to by pass the a/c clutch
i do not have the money to replace the clutch it is froze up

Looking into this now.

Options

1. Replace the AC pulley bearing and disable the clutch by not installing it or by unplugging it
  2. You can not bypass the AC compressor, the way the belt is laid out the tensioner would not be able to make the belt tight.
  3. Remove the compressor and install a bypass pulley in its place, which is a pulley and bracket.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician