Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Brake fluid not gettiing to lines? 2002 f250. Replaced a…

Customer Question
brake fluid not gettiing...

brake fluid not gettiing to lines?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? When was it last changed?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 f250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. replaced a damaged brake line. went to bleed brakes but fluid doesn't seem to be passing through the master cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have bled the master cylinder

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
10/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Are you trying to use a vacuum hand pump?

If so, I had the same problem after replacing a brake line. It's ok bleeding with a vacuum pump when there isn't an entire brake line full off air but when a line is replaced for some reason it just won't pull the fluid though. Then you have to use the ole foot method at least until you get most of the air out.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.