Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Blower motor doesnt work, I can wiggle wires over the fuse

box in the passenger floor...
blower motor doesnt work, I can wiggle wires over the fuse box in the passenger floor board and sometimes it will come on, it may work for days or sometimes just seconds
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: checked all fuses and they seem to be fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 fx4
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
10/7/2017
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked power and ground to the blower motor?

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1FTPW14V59FA08114

Thank you.

Is this auto or manual air?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
manual , dual climate control, actuator is bad , air works on passenger side, only heat on drivers side but blower fan only comes on when i wiggle the wires, then it works on all speeds

Thank you for that information. I suspect the blower motor is missing a power and or a ground preventing it from working.. possibly a bad contact or connection. When you wiggle the wires, it may start working again because the wires are now making contact. However, you will need to confirm this by checking for power and ground to the blower motor and doing a good visual inspection of the wires leading up to the blower motor/connector to ensure good contact.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great night!!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN