Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 f-150 with radio with a 6 cd changer. The volume on the…

Customer Question
2001 f-150 with radio...

2001 f-150 with radio with a 6 cd changer. The volume on the radio doesn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No, the radio shows to be on, just no sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am. The radio was replaced by a dealership 2 years ago and has not been used much since then.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do all the other functions work in the radio?

As far as I can tell, just no volume.

ok with pressure push in and rotate knob, fully depressed push with pressure and rotate to see if you get any of the volume functions back

Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago

hows it going?