Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio in wifes 2010 Convertable mustang started making loud…

Customer Question
radio in wifes 2010 Convertable...
radio in wifes 2010 Convertable mustang started making loud popping and crackling sounds, then quit playing all together. display still works but does not want to change between xm, cd or radio unless you kill the key. I tried pulling the fuse for about a minute and I have replaced the face control unit. did not help. The drivers door fills with water every so often when the weeps close up and gets the speaker wet.
Bruce
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
10/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

So far this looks to be the ACM and amplifier to blame. Can you do these diagnostic steps https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bzxt3z6z9ldnsw/testF.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris