Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Front passenger window will go up but not down. replaced the…

Customer Question
Front passenger window will...

Front passenger window will go up but not down. replaced the motor still same problem. getting 12v when switch is in up position and only 8.5 when switch is in the down position.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

205450 miles automatic 2004 EB expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, replaced the motor, checked voltage at the switch and at the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
10/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

I can direct you through the diagnosis to see if problem is in driver's or passenger side switch if you like? All you need is a test light or volt meter. Let me know when you have passenger window switch removed for access?