Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The wrench light comes on and the rpm goes up when I am

Customer Question
The wrench light comes...

The wrench light comes on and the rpm goes up when I am under 60 mph

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It look like a wrench, but the book calls it a powertrain I think

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '60 Ford?

2007 ford explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nope, but I like to know what it so I don't get cheated at the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your wrench light come on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is causing this you need to start first with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do the scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with them I can help you with determining the cause.

thank you, ***** ***** expensive to replace?

No way to know the cost till we have some idea of what it failing, the code scan will tell us what we need to know to determine the cause as well as the cost.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician